The actions of the waste industry now will play a critical role in our long-term collective ability to protect the planet. Wastequip has helped lead the way to a brighter future through its efforts to decrease waste accumulation through innovative food waste reduction, organics diversion, recycling support, enhanced waste stream visibility and intelligence, and responsible waste handling/collection/transportation tools and products. Not only do our waste solutions make it easy for haulers, municipalities, and consumers to reduce, reuse and recycle, but Wastequip creates these products and solutions with sustainability in mind. Because we know that durability is sustainability, we build everything to last and perform year after year and load after load.
Here are a few examples of the environmentally beneficial efforts we have introduced:
- Actively tracking Scope 1 & 2 emissions according to the well-established Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard to identify the greatest opportunities for meaningful improvement to our environmental impact.
- Launched Project25 to reduce our virgin resin usage by 25% across our manufacturing operation.
- Introduced the Toter EVR-Green cart, the industry’s first 100% recycled cart body.
- Incorporated post-consumer (PCR) and post-industrial (PIR) recycled material into our most-popular cart colors and feature material traceability, so customers know the amount of PCR and PIR used in their order.
- Through our cart buyback program, helped to create a closed loop system to supply our manufacturing operation with quality recycled content from retired waste and recycling carts.
- Installed energy efficient lighting across our facilities, recycled scrap produced from our operations, recycled pallets and reduced our inbound and outbound freight.